Wedding Album FAQs
How long does it take to design my album?
- After you have selected your favorite images to place in your album, I spend around 1-2 weeks on your entire album design for your first proof. If further changes are requested after the first proof, the time it will take for the additional changes would depend on the amount of revisions.
Who selects the images?
- The client. While I certainly have my favorites from your gallery, you know best which should be placed in an album that will be such an important keepsake over the years.
How many images should I choose?
- To help keep your album balanced, 50-75 photos works best. Here are some suggestions:
• 10-15 pictures - From the getting ready process (shoes, dress, jewelry, etc.)
• 8-12 pictures - Bridal party variety (bride + groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, etc.)
• 8 pictures - Family photos variety
• 10-15 pictures Ceremony
• 16-25 pictures Reception (cake cutting, garter, bouquet toss, and don’t forget to include detail shots of the venue help show what the wedding day looked like)
How many pages are in the average album?
Every album is unique. That being said, a safe average would be 40-55 pages. The MAX number of pages we can place in an album without heirloom pages is 70 pages.
When is payment due?
Payment is due after I have your final sign off of your album design, and before I send the design to the print lab.
Who gets to choose the design?
Emerald Stone Photography maintains free creative license with respect to the artistry, style, and composition of design. I do not accept layout/design instructions on the first proof, other than what photos to make larger than others. After first proof is complete, client is welcome to make a round of revisions with special instructions.
What is the difference between a "page" and a "spread"?
The definition of a "page" is one side of a spread in an album (for example, a 30-page album contains 15 spreads).
If my wedding package includes a 20 or 30 page album, will you design at that set number of pages?
No. I will create the album freely using the images you've chosen to design your album without making it look cramped with too many images per page. I design all albums artistically & creatively to tell a story of your day. You will only be invoiced for the additional pages, however you are welcome to make changes after you've received your first proof. After my first design is done, we will be able to determine about how many pages your album will consist of. From there, we can add, edit, or remove on the next round of revisions (if any). This will determine the final cost.
What are the costs per page or spread?
10 Page Bundle - $400
Pages - $50/each
What is the average investment for an album?
Again, every wedding album is different, and every client is unique in their wants & needs. However, if your wedding photography package included an 8x8 with the first 20 pages (for example), an average investment after adding pages and/or upgrades is $800 – $1,200. Clients are welcome to pay in full, or select a 50%/50% payment plan.
Additional Wedding Album FAQs:
- Once you receive your album proofs by email, you have two weeks to indicate what changes you would like. So please do not delay!
- Duplicate Parent albums receive BASE COST & 20% DISCOUNT pricing. This is because we are not taking the time to plan, design, or make revisions. It is an exact copy of the bride & groom album. Price subject to increase if duplicate exceeds 60 pages
- CUSTOM PARENT ALBUMS (starting price) - investment would be custom based on their design - Parent albums are duplicate albums and cannot be altered from the original designs, unless a separate order is placed.
- Album proofs are electronic only. Please view on a computer screen that is 10" or larger.
-After my first design is done, we will be able to determine about how many pages your album will consist of. From there, we can add, edit, or remove on the next round of revisions (if any). This will determine the final cost.
- You do not need submit payment until your order has been reviewed. At that time, you will receive a custom invoice via email with your total amount due. Your order will be processed when payment is received and cleared.
- Please note that once your proofs are approved, Emerald Stone Photography will not be held liable for any errors, so please thoroughly review the proofs.
- Any upgrading or downgrading of albums must be made before first draft is complete. No downgrades below a 8x8.
- Most spreads and pages will have more than one image per page. Once you let me know all of the photos you'd like in your album, I will design it freely and professionally (without making anything looked cramped). I will also send my suggestions over to you, too. Usually it ends up being around 40-60 pages total. That will be your first draft. From there, we can remove, add, rearrange, etc. based on your thoughts once you see the first proof. Along with your first proof I will include an invoice based on any upgrades that were added (size, number of pages, etc.).
- Only 1 round of complimentary revisions are included with your album.
- While every possible precaution is taken and only reputable labs are used, Emerald Stone Photography assumes no liability for the loss or damage of images held in possession or while at labs or outside sources for services.
- Emerald Stone Photography maintains free creative license with respect to the artistry, style, and composition of design. Client understands that he/she has viewed samples of previous work in sample albums, proof albums, or online slideshows and is satisfied with the overall style of design that is presented, but understands that creative license and differences in photographs, location, and storytelling allow for variations in composition and layout of the presented final design.